Established in 1634, the Old North Burying Ground is located at the intersection of High Street and Rt 133/1A in Ipswich.
- Index by map location
- Alphabetical index of graves
- Inscriptions a-c, d-g, h-K, l-z
- Findagrave site
- Complete guide to the Old North Burying Ground (PDF/Print)
- View at Google maps.
The Old South Cemetery sits between the South Green and the Ipswich River and is an easy walk from downtown. Used primarily 1756 till 1939, it has approximately 1000 interments, and is a beautiful area to visit. The Works Progress Administration (WPA) surveyed this cemetery and the Old North Burying ground in 1935, and created comprehensive records.
- Download WPA Records PDF
- View a slide show of tombstones at the Old South Burying Ground (photos by New England Oddities)
- View gravestones at the Old South Burying Ground on the Findagrave site.